Friday, October 24, 2014

The Trip Home and Napping In Recovery

As travelers, we are sometimes our own worst enemies.  Our friends booked their trips home to include three different stops, four airports.  We had only one takeoff and landing, but we appended a four and a half hour drive to the finish to save ourselves the "hassle" of taking two planes and making a connection.

The consequence for our friends was a twenty-some hour trip to their hometown airport.
Our trip itself was only nineteen in total, but on our travel day, we were awake for twenty seven hours, since our trip did not begin until late afternoon.  Oh, but we know how to plan the perfect climax.  That car ride was an experience, it ended at 3:30 AM in a driving rain.

You might observe that at least it's over with, so to speak.  But this is our fourth day home, and as I write this, I am waiting for my dear wife to awaken from yet another lengthy nap.  She has found a daily nap or two necessary in order to keep her always cheerful disposition.  She is worried that nap-taking is addictive.  I can't say, because I have not tried to quit my nap-taking habit (I think I have been napping almost every day for a year or more).  Oh well, I think I'll end this and lean back and rest for a while (Yawn).

No comments: