Monday, April 16, 2018

Number 44--I Can’t Find This Message In Any Hallmark Card


I stood there in the store aisle
Reading cards all the while
It was just really hard 
To find the right card.

One card’s message to convey
All of the things I had to say
Giving up, I composed this rhyme
To save us both some time
And avoid driving on to yet another store
To read cards, it would seem, just forever more.

I wanted you to know I still feel about you
The way that I did when I first said, “I do.”
After forty-four years, I’d guess you’re shocked I remember old feelings like these
When yesterday you watched, as I spent a half hour in search of my keys. 

Of this one thing you can always be certain,
Our wedding day I’ll remember ‘til the final curtain.
And I will love you all the days of my life,
Since that day you consented to become my wife.

No comments: