Friday, October 25, 2013

Just Another Day

Now and then, a change in routine can lift your spirits.  Or it might just be getting a good night's sleep for a change.  I will have to do a little research.  Maybe I should get a good night's sleep again tonight  and try having a routine day tomorrow and see if my spirits are lifted again---or, maybe not.  I like the notion of changing routines.  Today, something new replaced a seven year habit.  The only drawback was the first part that was "new" was a pilates class.  Too much core strength development will give you a lot of aches, among other things.

But seriously, I did enjoy the change, and I plan to do it again.  Do habits get too boring?  Is it the activity, or the way you approach it that makes the routine stuff get you down?  I'm sure it's the latter, you know it and I know it, too.  But it's always easier to change my approach in a new situation, stepping out of the groove I have worn in a situation is not something I've been able to do.  Instead, I walk away, try something else.

New things, places and even people can always make just another day something better.  The things that were a strain in the old, just disappear when you shake the dust off your feet and step out the door.  Just another day becomes a big lift.  You too can remind yourself of that fact any day now.

No comments: