Thursday, October 24, 2013

Being Ready To Sail

I threw away my coaching books, and put my retirement planning ones in a box.  All that analysis seemed to fit, but now I'm not so sure.  I think I'm ready for a change.  I watched a show last night, and it made me think again about all that planning and its outcome.

Most of the things I've enjoyed just happened, without much of a plan.  Our friends picked us up, and drove us the half mile or so from where we lived to the Harbor.  The name of the band was vaguely familiar, but not to the others with us.  We had lived in a couple of places they had not, so we guessed which they were from, and I guessed wrong. They were deftly funny, and musically eclectic.  Thoroughly entertaining, so much so that I quickly realized I'd never seen them before.  We had a good time, cheered and cried in the right places.  No songs for the atheist, they cried.  I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for.

Then Zac joined them for a number about what not to do while she's walking away, and the risks involved.  I'd seen them firsthand before.  Someone unfamiliar reminded us it was nobody's business but our own.  Hah!

Yes, some of their selections rang bells, some gongs, none were flat.  Where had they been all our lives (and where had we)?

Proud to be an American, but at least I know I'm free.  God blessed the USA again.  But all along, I knew I was being sent, drawn, driven to that state I know was where we all need to be--in that place where--when a good wind comes along, we're ready to sail.  Does that make any sense?  

How do we sail in all this?  Our bells are rung for us by perfect strangers who have learned to do so and use that singular talent to sail their way.

No comments: