Wednesday, September 11, 2013

BCC Among The Acronyms

Oh yes, this is BBC
I'm pretty sure he said to me.
And here's one, too
It's more common for you, your eyes are blue.

I'll take a chunk out of each one,
they're common in areas exposed to the sun.
The most common crab now grows here,
I thought, not in a form that many fear.

We'll send them to the lab first,
to seal off any doubt
but I am sure the next step,
will be to get them out.

Know any plastic surgeons?
"Sure my contact list just burgeons."
I didn't say it though,
just shook my head--the quiet "no."

I'll send you to a friend of mine,
He'll fix you up just fine.
Oh, take off your shirt, please.
There could be more of these.

No, these are moles, there's nothing here
You should come back--say, once a year.
I'll take a look, make sure you're clear.
Tell Sheila I said there's nothing here
To worry about, no cause for fear.

It never crosses over
It's only BCC, basal cell carcinoma.
Not the one with no initials, the one you do fret over
The one known only by its full name, deadly melanoma.
.  

No comments: