Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Her Poem

Did you write me a love poem?
She asked impatiently
You know I'm still waitin"
She speaks pointedly

Now that's a good start,
for the girl of my heart.
Not too sticky and sweet
more like an urgent drumbeat

How can I put this idea just right
without being off-putting or appearing to slight
There is something within her so constant and caring,
So thoughtful and generous, naturally sharing.

And in that same soul
there is some sort of role
she plays in my life to keep me on balance,
not that praising of others' s not one of her talents.

She can burst a balloon,
she can tell you quite soon
when you're off in some dreamland
where life only seems grand.

When at yourself you've  been looking
not seeing what's cooking
on the stove of someone or another,
who you might should consider a sister or brother

But when she asks you for something
she just wants that one thing
That's all that she wants, and she'll let you know,
if you're going about it just a wee bit too slow.

So love her, I do.
Sometimes more than she knew.
Ah these all-knowing women-comes a time that a poem
Even clumsy as this one's the best way to show-em

No comments: