Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lunching Today

I did something today that my wife has been doing for years--I went to lunch with a couple of friends. We ate stuff we aren't supposed t0 (I even had a pint of beer) and we just talked about whatever came up. One friend watches old TV shows all the time. He told me "I never watch anything I haven't seen before," attributing the remark to Groucho Marx (I think he had it confused--Marx famously said in A Night At The Opera "I never forget a face, but in your case, I'll make an exception." Anyway, he was trying to explain his viewing habits and the penchant for buying DVDs of TV series and movies.

I decided he needs to create a blog for all those of us who don't have the time or the inclination to watch TV so much. He could do all the watching, then blog about which ones we ought to see and what to look for. Or he could blog about what he liked, didn't like about it. He could tell us about earlier work that people on shows today did before now.

We even spent a little time telling jokes, and I made a nuisance of myself making bad puns. We all agreed we should do this more often and I looked across the room at a group of old(er) geezers breaking up their lunch like an old habit. Hmmmm, not sure I'm ready. Just like I'm not sure I'm ready for a bicycle helmet. I see too many older guys doing it.

No comments: